Activity Living was founded in 2011 because we wanted to make a difference! As such, we knew we had to be different. We have seen that a “one size fits all” approach does not work for everyone. We knew there was a better way; we decided to focus on truly understanding each individual FIRST and then tailoring a care plan that revolved around their own unique circumstances.
Those entrusted in our care are just like everyone else in many ways, they do best when they’re striving for personal development and continual progression. We believe in inclusivity of people of all abilities and we work hard to empower each individual to develop their own talents, work towards their own goals, and celebrate their own uniqueness. By encouraging unparalleled self-advocacy and independent living, our individuals are living their lives to the very fullest!
We’ve come a long way since our foundation in 2011, and we are humbled by our success and grateful for the opportunity to serve such amazing people. We couldn’t be more excited for the future and where we are headed! Thank you to all those who entrust us with serving our community. Our goal is to be around for a very long time and to EARN a reputation that precedes us.
A reputation of respect, admiration, and loyalty. A reputation of always operating in an ethical manner, treating all those we interact with honesty and integrity. We take accountability for all that we do and will make things right if we make a mistake. Activity Living will continue to evolve and challenge the status quo to enrich the lives of those we serve. Together, we’ll do great things! A million dreams are keeping us awake…
We are continually striving for greatness!
We’re grateful but never complacent. In summation, we aspire to be the BEST. In every aspect of what we do, who we do it for, and how we go about doing it. The hallmarks of how we accomplish this are outlined in our company values.
By adhering to these 10 company core values, we know that we will be a model of goodness in the communities that we serve.
1. Integrity, Work Ethic, and Accountability are the three pillars that our company was founded upon. When we cherish and exhibit these timeless principles, we know that everything else will fall into place.
2. Attitude is everything. When positivity permeates a culture, it’s contagious. We would rather have inexperienced people with great attitudes, who are eager to learn rather than those who might be more experienced but possess the wrong attitude.
3. We value and support each individual that is involved in our company. No one in our organization is ever on an island! You are never alone. We will continue to help you and provide you with the proper tools to learn, understand, and succeed. Like a great symphony or well-coached team, our company and clients thrive when we all play our given roles. By lending a helping hand to those who may be down or struggling, we facilitate an inclusive culture. We’re all in this together!
4. Gratitude is the key to a happy life. When we are grateful and acknowledge the goodness that surrounds us from sources beyond ourselves, we know we can rise above whatever challenges come our way.
5. Passion and good work ethic greatly contributes to an individual’s success. Many of those who are universally admired have earned this admiration through action. When we show up and give our best effort, we know that the individual’s we serve will benefit.
6. Mutual respect is a must. We recognize that everyone has their own strengths and unique stories. We know we can learn and grow when we listen to and respect the opinions of others. We respect our competitors, former employees, and all those who have contributed along the way.
7.Charity is compassion and love. Giving to a Brother, Sister, or fellow friend in need with pure intent, heals the soul. When we give of our time, talents, and resources to the least among us then we most embody the reason why we are here- to help and to serve. Givers who give abundantly always receive more than they could ever give. It’s a universal principle that will always remain true.
8. Activities and adventure keep the body and mind young at heart. When we laugh, engage, and participate in the things that we love the most, we are speaking the language of the soul. You only get one go around here on earth so it’s important to soak it all in; live, love, try, fail, cry, get back up and do it all over again. For the individuals in our program, we ensure that they have fun things to look forward to and new possibilities always on the horizon.
9. We desire to do all things with excellence. Attention to detail matters to us. We don’t cut corners. We will always be honest and realistic in our dealings and work to exceed expectations. We give our best efforts in each situation we encounter and see it through to the end.
10. Nothing is impossible with the right attitude, the right plan, and the right people.